West Nipissing East Sudbury Federation of Agriculture
- Members from all commodity groups
- Lobby group dealing with issues affecting all farmers (e.g. property taxes, right to farm, etc)
- Funded by check-off on property taxes (can ask for it back)
- Involved in rural/urban education
Neil Tarlton, Ontario Federation of Agriculture
Member Service Representative for Algoma, Manitoulin-North Shore, Sudbury West, Sudbury East, West Nipissing
81 Laura Avenue
West Nipissing East Sudbury Dairy Producers Committee
- Members are dairy farmers
- A grass roots commodity group providing input to the provincial board on dairy issues
- Funding from the provincial board
- Involved in the Dairy Educator program in elementary and secondary schools
- Involved in the producer education on milk quality issues
Jean-Pierre Beaulieu, President
West Nipissing Soil and Crop Improvement Association
- Members are crop farmers
- A general farm group dealing with soil and crops issues (e.g. environmental farm plan, Verner research plot projects, forage master competition, seed fair etc...)
- Funding from provincial organization and membership fee
- Involved in grower education through tours and programs
Mitch Deschatelets, President
Normand Delorme, Secretary
West Nipissing East Sudbury Agricultural Support Projects Inc.
- Members are farmers who wish to apply for Heritage Fund projects
- The corporation includes all types of farmers who apply for funding by commodity e.g. tile drainage, capital expansion projects
- Funding is by membership fee
- The main purpose is agricultural economic development
- Corporation also puts out tenders for supply contracts for projects as required
John Parsons, General Manager
Sudbury West Nipissing Cattlemen's Association
- Members are beef farmers
- A grass roots group providing input to the provincial group
- Involved in producer education through workshops and tours
Adrian Verhoeven, President
Nipissing Hay Producers Association
- Members are growers of hay
- The purpose of the group is to facilitate the marketing of hay beyond West Nipissing
e.g. southern and eastern Ontario, United States
- Funding by membership fee
West Nipissing Agricultural Advisory Committee
The mission statement of this committee is to provide priority and direction for municipal concerns relating to agriculture that will contribute to a properous and sustainable farming community in West Nipissing. The generally high quality of agricultural land in parts of West Nipissing has given rise to a prosperous farming industry. It is essential to recognize the importance of agriculture to the local economic base, as an employment source and as a foundation for the rural way of life.
Experience in agriculture or conservation, volunteer work on other farming or rural committee and boards and good communication skills would be considered assets.
Melanie Ducharme, Municipal Clerk/Planner
Municipality of West Nipissing
West Nipissing Agricultural Task Force
This Committee consists of 5 sector members and five community/Chamber members.
Staff will learn more about the needs and services offered by the farming community. 10 farms will be visited, with information collected being shared with the Task Force Committee.
Assist staff in coordinating Trade Show (Feast on the Farm event) and Agriculture Symposium
Jolene Lisk, Project Manager
West Nipissing Chamber of Commerce
Sudbury / West Nipissing Meat Producers
The Sudbury West Nipissing Meat Producers are a local group of farmers dedicated to producing local trusted products. Many of our farms have been passed down through generations and the extensive experience and quality we possess is unmatched. Each farm is unique, producing quality meat and processing our product through Creative Meats for our customer needs.
Adrian Verhoeven, Executive Board Chairman and Producer
Northern Ontario Agri-Food Education & Marketing Inc.
Northern Ontario Agri-Food Education and Marketing Inc. (NOAFEM for short) was established to increase consumers awareness of the Ontario agri-food industry, highlighting northern and local production.
Pat Marcotte, Secretary
Northeastern Ontario New Farmers Network
Allison Muckle, Coordinator
Ontario Sheep Marketing Agency - District 11
The Ontario Sheep Marketing Agency is a producer operated organization which represents all aspects of the sheep, lamb and wool industry in the Province of Ontario. It was established to encourage, promote and represent the industry. The OSMA's activities work to improve the marketing of sheep, lamb and wool through producer education, promotional campaigns, consumer education and public awareness.
Colleen Alloi, District Director
Sudbury and District Beekeepers Association
The Sudbury & District Beekeepers Association is a non-profit club for area beekeepers who want to develop their beekeeping skills and network with fellow beekeepers.
Wayne Leblanc, President