A reminder that removing snow by pushing it on to or across a public road is dangerous and illegal as per By-Law 2006/63 and the Ontario Highway Traffic Act.
This practice can create a variety of safety hazards including but not limited to:
- Creating frozen piles/ridges which usually causes extensive damage to Municipal snowplows
- Most times kicking off the rear of our equipment onto the adjacent lane, creating a health and safety risk to oncoming traffic
- Posing a danger to the plow operator and the travelling public
- Creating the opportunity for increased drifting
- Creating drainage obstruction in the spring
- Creating additional snow accumulation for neighbours
- Posing a danger to the person removing or pushing the snow
Please be mindful when cleaning up your driveways and entranceways. Your assistance is appreciated and will allow us to continue to provide a safe and reliable road system for all our residents.