WEST NIPISSING, ON – The West Nipissing Emergency Control Group reminds residents to keep respecting COVID-19 safety measures as recent positive cases were confirmed in West Nipissing.
North Bay Parry Sound District has 17 active cases, with 15 being in the Nipissing area. In the past 14 days (July 2 – 15), there have been 20 new cases of COVID-19 in Nipissing District. None of the cases were fully vaccinated. All but one of the individuals were eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
As we enter Step 3 of Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen, it is important to do everything we can to protect those who cannot be immunized, such as young children. Getting both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine has a significant impact on preventing further spread in the community and in the region.
Reminders for residents of West Nipissing
- Socialize safely. Consider the risks before gathering with others. Continue to follow public health guidelines and be mindful of physical distancing.
- Help protect those around you. Self-isolate if you are showing COVID-19 symptoms, or if you have been in contact with an individual who is symptomatic or has tested positive.
- When in doubt, get tested. Make an appointment with the local Assessment Centre at 705-580-2186.
- Be a part of the solution. Anyone contacted by public health should do their best to provide information to the Health Unit, in an effort to protect other residents who may have been exposed.
- Vaccines are accessible. Get your first or second dose as soon as it is available to you and your loved ones. Speak with a physician, pharmacist or health professional if you have any concerns.
For more information on the local COVID-19 situation visit myhealthunit.ca/COVID-19.