FACILITY CLOSURE NOTICE
The Community and Recreation Centre is closed to the public until further notice. For information, please contact the Recreation Centre by telephone at 705-753-0160 or by email at RecCenterStaff@westnipissing.ca
Get a jump on your day… get moving and get active at the Community and Recreation Centre !
We’ve made some changes to our Fitness Centre so you can enjoy a safe and physically distanced workout!
Register your membership today!
For general admission to the gym, participants can purchase a 10-pass membership to the Recreation Centre. Facility memberships will be structured around a per-visit cost of $2.50. The membership will be valid for 10 visits to the Recreation Centre and will allow you to book the pool or gym.
Memberships do not expire and can be renewed after 10 visits, they are non-transferable and cannot be shared amongst multiple people.
Adult, Senior and Student
Once you have a membership, you will be able to check out the Weekly Gym Schedule and call us to book your sessions.
The Gym schedule is posted in one-week blocks (Monday – Saturday). Bookings open on Fridays for the following week and are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Members will now be limited to booking three sessions at a time.
Bookings are not available online at this time. Once you have registered your membership, you can call 705-753-0160 to book your desired time slots for the week.
Do not attend or enter the Community and Recreation Centre if you are feeling unwell. Please call or email to inform us of your cancellation. Failure to notify us of your cancellation prior to your scheduled time will result in a visit being deducted from your membership. Two consecutive no-shows will result in a cancellation of your facility membership.
What you can expect at the Recreation Centre
Entering the Facility:
- Your workout will have to be booked in advance. No drop-in sessions are permitted.
- Masks are mandatory in the lobby, hallways, elevator and change rooms.
- Arrive at the time of your scheduled visit ready to workout.
- The lobby is limited to a capacity of 3 people. If the lobby is full, please wait outside.
- Please perform a COVID-19 Self-Screening at home before attending the Recreation Centre.
- DO NOT attend or enter the facility if you have a new or worsening cough, fever, or feel generally unwell.
In the Change Room:
- Masks are required in the change rooms.
- Gym users will only be permitted access to the change rooms during their booked time (i.e. gym booking of 6:30 a.m. to 8 a.m. includes your check-in time and change room access.)
- Patrons making use of the change room are required to maintain a physical distancing of 2m.
- New lockers have been installed. A limited number of lockers will be available to store personal belongings. You must supply your own lock and remove all items and your lock at the end of your workout session. Locks left at the end of the day will be cut off by maintenance staff.
- Curtained-off changing areas and showers are not available.
In the Gym:
- You may remove your mask as long as you are able to maintain a 2m distance from others.
- Do not move or relocate gym equipment.
- All workouts must be completed inside designated stations.
- The use of personal equipment in the gym is prohibited.
- Personal belongings must be stored in the change rooms.
- Sanitization stations are set up around the gym. You are required to disinfect equipment prior to and following use.
- Workout circuits are not permitted at this time.
- “Buddy workouts” and “bench spotters” should be limited to members of your household/immediate circle.
- Free weights and loose equipment must be returned to racks following use.
- Be courteous and limit workout time at each station to no more than 30 minutes (including cardio machines, lifting stations, and cable machines.)