FACILITY CLOSURE NOTICE
The Community and Recreation Centre is closed to the public until further notice. For information, please contact the Recreation Centre by telephone at 705-753-0160 or by email at RecCenterStaff@westnipissing.ca
Make a splash at the West Nipissing Community and Recreation Centre Pool!
We’ve made some changes to our pool programs so you can enjoy a safe and physically distanced swim. All sessions must be booked in advance, no drop-in swims are permitted.
Register your membership today!
For general admission to the pool, you can purchase a 10-pass membership to the Recreation Centre. Facility memberships are structured around a per-visit cost of $2.50. The membership will be valid for 10 visits to the Recreation Centre and will allow you to book the Pool or Fitness Centre.
Memberships do not expire and can be renewed after 10 visits, they are non-transferable and cannot be shared amongst multiple people.
Adult, Senior and Student : $25.00
Age 75+ & 2 and under: Free
Once you have a membership, you will be able to check out the Weekly Pool Schedule and call 705-753-0160 to book your sessions.
Swimmers wishing to attend Family Swim will be required to register in advance.
Parents/guardians must accompany children in the water at all times during family swim, regardless of age or swimming ability.
Family Swim Passes
A Family Swim Pass will be structured around a per-visit cost of $2.50 per person. Passes are valid for one visit to the Recreation Centre and must be paid at the time of booking.
If a participant already holds a Membership, they will not be required to pay for themselves, however, one visit will be deducted and other members attending the swim will be required to pay an entry fee.
The Pool schedule will be posted in one-week blocks (Monday – Saturday). Bookings open on Fridays for the following week and are taken on a first-come, first-served basis. Members are now limited to booking three sessions at a time.
At this time, bookings are not available online. Once you have registered your membership, you can call 705-753-0160 to book your desired time slots for the week.
Do not attend or enter the Community and Recreation Centre if you are feeling unwell. Please call or email to inform us of your cancellation. Failure to notify us of your cancellation prior to your scheduled time will result in a visit being deducted from your membership. Two consecutive no-shows will result in a cancellation of your facility membership.
What you can expect at the Recreation Centre
Entering the Facility:
- Your swim or workout will have to be booked in advance.
- Masks are mandatory in the lobby, hallways, elevator and change rooms.
- Arrive at the time of your scheduled visit ready to swim.
- The lobby is limited to a capacity of 3 people. If the lobby is full, please wait outside.
- Please perform a COVID-19 Self-Screening at home before attending the Recreation Centre.
- DO NOT attend or enter the facility if you have a new or worsening cough, fever, or feel generally unwell.
In the Change Room:
- Masks are required.
- Swimmers using the change room are required to maintain physical distancing.
- The family change room is not available at this time.
- Pre-scheduled pool visits include 15 minutes following your swim to use the change room. Swimmers MUST vacate the change room after 15 minutes.
- Showers are reserved for swimmers to take a cleansing shower using soap and water prior to entering the pool, only. We ask that you shower at home following your swim.
- Curtained-off changing areas are not available at this time.
In the Pool:
- Swimmers must maintain physical distancing in the pool area.
- The sauna and whirlpool are not available.
- Masks are not required in the pool, however, swimmers must enter and exit the facility and occupy the change rooms with a mask on.
- The following equipment is not available at this time: pool noodles, aqua jogging belts, foam dumbbells, flutter boards, regular dumbbells, toys, and mats.
- You may bring your own equipment to use while in the pool.
- Lifejackets will be available for use at the pool on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The use of goggles is encouraged while in the pool. Note that you must supply your own goggles and the lending or borrowing of goggles is strictly prohibited.
- Snorkels will not be permitted.
- The waterslide, Tarzan rope, and starting blocks are not available for use.
- Any children attending the facility must have adult supervision in the water with them at all times regardless of age and/or swimming ability.
- Parent & Tot Swim is reserved for parents/guardians with a child aged 3 years and under.
- Facility swim tests and all other posted rules are still in effect when using the pool.
Due to COVID-19 safety measures and capacity restrictions, some of our programs and services are unavailable. Visit the Weekly Pool Schedule for program details.
Adult Lap Swim
The pool is reserved for individuals aged 16 or older to swim laps for fitness. The sauna and whirlpool are open for use.
Parent & Tot
Caregivers with babies/toddlers aged 6 years or younger can make use of the wading pool and whirlpool for a relaxed swim. Parent/caregiver ratio of two swimmers to one supervisor is enforced. Supervisors must accompany swimmers in the water at all times.
Adult Leisure Swim
The pool is reserved for individuals aged 16 or older to swim in a relaxed manner, stretch or float in the pool. Lap swimming is not permitted.
Open Lap Swim
The pool is reserved for any individuals wishing to swim laps for fitness. The sauna and whirlpool are open for use. Young swimmers must be able to successfully complete the facility swim test in order to participate in Open Lap Swim. Parent/caregiver ratios apply for swimmers under the age of 10 (two swimmers to one parent/caregiver).
The pool is open for any parents/caregivers accompanying children. Unattended children are not permitted to use the pool at this time. Admission standards are in place and parent/caregiver ratios apply for families making use of the pool. Children age 6 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the pool with them at all times. The sauna and whirlpool are open for use.
Any swimmers wishing to make use of the pool are welcome to attend. Admission standards are in place and parent/caregiver ratios apply for families making use of the pool. Children age 6 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the pool with them at all times. The sauna and whirlpool are open for use.
Offered in both the shallow and deep end, Aquafit is a structured fitness program for anyone wishing to pursue high-energy, low-impact exercise in the pool. Advanced swimming ability is not required, however, please note that participants in Deep Water Aquafit classes must be comfortable in water that is over their head.