The Municipality of West Nipissing welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|REPORTING TO:||Director of Corporate Services/Treasurer|
|HOURS OF WORK:||Monday to Friday 10:00 – 4:00, as assigned|
|SALARY:||as per rate stipulated in the Collective Agreement|
The position provides support and customer service for the West Nipissing Assessment Centre. The West Nipissing Assessment Centre is an out-of-hospital clinic, funded and approved by the Ministry of Health. The Assessment Centre is run collaboratively by West Nipissing General Hospital in conjunction with the Municipality of West Nipissing, and community partners.
- Greet and direct patients at the COVID-19 West Nipissing Assessment Centre
- Data entry
- Telephone reception
- Customer service
- Maintain call log (as appropriate)
- Preparation of Word, WordPerfect and Excel documents
- Stock supplies
- Maintain current customer information (updates as required)
- Providing assistance with other tasks as assigned within the general scope of the position
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion as well as demonstrate sound judgement, tact and diplomacy
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills as well as the ability to remain calm and effective while managing competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize work activities while responding to multiple demands in a dynamic environment
- Must be flexible and willing to learn and adapt to different work assignments in a team setting as well as work independently
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving capabilities while adhering to the municipal guidelines and policies.
- Highly developed computer skills are essential
- Flexibility in working hours
- Excellent attendance record
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum two year post-secondary education (secretary, business or related fields) or equivalent experience in the work force
- Fluent in both official languages (oral and written)
- Working knowledge of computers, printers and general office equipment
- Knowledge of Word, WordPerfect, Excel & Municipal or industry software
- Working knowledge of Internet functions (ex. email, MS Outlook, and/or others)
- Problem solving capabilities
- Defibrillator training (where required)
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Excellent customer service skills – ability to answer the telephone in a courteous and professional manner to the satisfaction of the employer.
Applications for this position will be accepted, in confidence, until January 25, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
Applications should be addressed to
101-225 Holditch Street, Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 1T1
For the protection of our patients and residents, the Municipality will require the successful candidate to submit a satisfactory criminal record check (vulnerable sector search) dated within 6 months as a condition of employment.