Let’s work together! Contribute to the community’s joie de vivre by joining our energetic team.
The Municipality is focused on collaboration, creativity and resourcefulness. Together, we provide expertise and quality services for residents across our vast rural landscape and quaint urban settings.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|POSITION:||TRUCK / LOADER / WASTE WORKER (part-time)|
|REPORTING TO:||Solid Waste Manager|
|HOURS OF WORK:||0 – 24 hours per week|
|SALARY:||As per the Environmental Services Collective Agreement|
- Collection of garbage and recyclables.
- Assisting in recycling duties including bailing and sorting.
- Ability to operate trucks, heavy equipment, and forklift.
- Attend to vehicle loads to and from the landfill site and recycling area.
- Measure and collect fees, as required.
- Open landfill site gate according to schedule.
- Verify and check all incoming traffic and related paperwork.
- Keep written records or required data (i.e. daily site inspection).
- Keep updated records of cash, cheques, and receipts for all monetary transactions.
- Give directions to customers as to proper unloading procedures.
- Keep site clean and safe according to Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks (MOE)
certificate of approval requirements.
- Have all contractors and site visitors sign the Safety Policy.
- Ensure safety of self and of others at all times.
- Other duties as assigned within the general scope of the position.
- Hours will vary and are not guaranteed.
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Must possess & maintain a valid “Class DZ” driver’s license and have a clean driver’s abstract.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must have First Aid & WHMIS training.
- Must be of a physical condition that allows him/her to perform work as assigned.
- Ability to perform basic preventive maintenance and safety checks on vehicles and heavy equipment, etc.
- Ability to work well alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to deal with the public in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work outdoors and withstand extremes in weather conditions.
- Availability to be called upon on an occasional basis.
- Availability to report to work on short notice.
Applications for this position will be accepted, in confidence, until 4:00 p.m. on June 17, 2021.
To apply, please send a resume electronically to:
Solid Waste Manager
The call for applications for the 2021 Youth Summer Employment Program is now closed.
The Municipality of West Nipissing welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment.