Become legally licensed in the Municipality of West Nipissing, in accordance with legislation.
Dog and cat owners must register their pets with the Municipality. Each registered animal will receive a tag that allows Animal Control to identify your pet in the event that they are picked up while running at large.
Dog licensing should be reviewed yearly. Any person who owns and operate a kennel should also register yearly, using the Application for Kennel License. See the Dog By-law for all details and requirements.
Dog Licensing Fees
$20 Per Dog
$10 Surcharge if dog tag is purchased on or after March 1 of every year
$4 For each dog that has been microchipped (must show certificate)
$4 Replacement of lost tag
$50 Private Kennel fee
$50 Pure bred Kennel License fee
$50 Board Kennel
$10 Transfer of Kennel License
Cat Licensing Fees
$30 Per Cat (or $20 upon showing proof of rabies vaccine); OR
$4 Per Cat, with proof of microchip
See the Cat By-law for all details and requirements.
A lottery has the following components: a prize, a chance to win the prize, and a consideration or fee. Eligible applicants must be licensed to conduct a lottery event. The Municipality of West Nipissing can help you obtain a license for:
- Bingo events with prize boards up to $5,500
- Raffles with prizes up to $50,000
- Break Open Ticket events that are not conducted in conjunction with another licensed gaming event
How to apply for a Lottery License
Lottery License applications must be made at least 7 days prior to the proposed start of the lottery, and at least 4 days prior to ticket sales for raffles or break-open ticket lotteries.
A first-time lottery license application must be completed with the following documents:
- Lottery License Application Form
- The Letters of Incorporation, Constitution, By-Laws, Registration with Canada Customs and Revenue Agency as a Charity, programs outlining the organization’s charitable activities. These documents must clearly set forth the charitable objects and purposes of the organization and must include a dissolution clause outlining how funds will be distributed in the event of the organization is dissolved
- A list of the current Board members, verified by board members (with signatures)
- A copy of the Charity’s most recent financial statements, verified by signatures of at least 3 board members; or an audited financial statement if the Charity’s financial records are audited
- A copy of the Charity’s budget for the current year, verified by signatures of at least 3 board members.
The following fees apply at the time of issuance of the license:
|Raffle Lottery License
Bingo Lottery License
50/50 Lottery License held outside of pooling hall
|$10.00 – prize board up to $350.00|
|Raffle Lottery License
Bazaar Lottery License
Bingo Lottery License
|3% – prize board from $351.00 – $5,500.00|
|50/50 Lottery License||3% of maximum possible value of the prizes|
|Break Open Ticket Lottery License||$24.00 per box of tickets|
Congratulations on planning to get married!
Marriage Licences are issued by the Municipality by appointment. Please call 705-753-2250 to book yours now. Refer to the following Procedure and Requirements for step-by-step instructions.
- Any person 18 years of age or older may marry in Ontario. Any person who is 16 or 17 years of age may marry with written consent from his/her parents or legal guardians.
- Marriage Licences can only be issued to the applicant or joint applicant.
- Both parties must complete and sign the Marriage License Application
- Each applicant is required to provide two original pieces of identification.
- The marriage licence fee is $100 (cash, cheque or debit).
Documents and Links
Marriage Licensing By-Law 2015/83
Procedure and Requirements
Notice to Applicants
Requirements Respecting Marriage in Ontario
Marriage License Application (Marriage Act – Form 3)
Request for Marriage Certificate (for marriages which took place in Ontario only)
Assuming or unassuming a married name
For people who were divorced outside of Canada, learn how to Authenticate a document for use outside Canada through the Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services
The Municipality of West Nipissing offers the service of performing marriage ceremonies, at the Municipal Office or at another venue, as arranged.
|$225||Municipal Office||Between 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|$250||Other than the Municipal Office||Between 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|$250||Other than the Municipal Office||After 4:30 p.m. or on weekends|
By-law 2016/63 is provided for licensing, regulating and governing taxicab brokers, taxicab owners, taxicab drivers, limousine owners and drivers of motor vehicles used for hire, and for limiting the number of taxicab owners licenses.
Please note that no licenses are presently available. Only 13 licenses are available, and all are issued at this time.
This license applies to temporary sales businesses such as Hawkers and Pedlars, Transient Traders, and Mobile Food Service Equipment. It applies to companies who sell from a fixed location or on a door to door basis.
For Hawkers and Pedlars, Transient Trader Class 1, and Mobile food services, the fees are:
- $250 for three days
- $500 for the season
- $1,000 for the year
For the Transient Traders Class 2 (youth/student license) any options involve a fee of $50.