Skip to Content

Good to know

Notice to Ratepayers: The 2024 interim tax bills have been mailed. Instalment due dates are March 29 and May 29, 2024. If you have not received your tax bill by February 7, 2024, please contact us.

Tax relief is available for eligible low-income seniors and low-income disabled persons. For more information, please visit the Tax Rebate Programs page.

The Tax Services Team

  • Handles billing and collection of all property taxes
  • Offers of a number of provincially mandated Rebate programs 
  • Processes property tax adjustments, assessment review board decisions, and requests for reconsideration
  • Reach us at

Payment Methods

Taxes are payable to The Corporation of the Municipality of West Nipissing.

Payment Methods

  • Banking, online or telebanking from the financial institution of your choice. 
  • Pre-authorized payment plan. Download and fill out the Pre-Authorized Debit Payment form.
  • By mail or drop-off box at 225 Holditch Street, Sturgeon Falls, Ontario P2B 1T1 
  • In person at the Municipal Building using debit, cash, or cheque. 

Pre-authorized Payment Plan Options

  • Twelve Month Plan. Annual taxes owing are withdrawn over 12 months on the 1st of every month.
  • Installment Plan. Annual taxes owing are withdrawn 4 times a year on the instalment due dates.
  • Arrears Plan. 12 monthly withdrawals. (Subject to penalty and interest on any balance outstanding on the first of every month).

Complete the Pre-Authorized Debit Payment form and send it to

Property Tax Calculator
  • Estimated yearly property tax amount

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

*Ratepayers will also see a Solid Waste fee on their tax bill as per the Solid Waste By-Law

*This calculator is not exact – Tax rates are based on your property’s Current Value Assessment and class, which are determined by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC). Find the current value of your property on your Assessment Notice from MPAC or on your municipal tax bill.

Property Assessment Adjustments

Request for Reconsideration

If you are considering applying for a new assessment on your property, create an account on using your key number received on your current Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) assessment to compare your property assessment with 10 other similar properties.

If you disagree with the current assessment of your property’s value and/or classification, you can request to MPAC to review and reconsider your assessment.

For more information, or to submit an application to MPAC, submit a Request for Reconsideration.

Application for a Reduction in Taxes

Property owners may apply for relief from taxes through a reassessment of their property in the following instances:

  • The property is eligible to be reclassified in a different class of real property;
  • The land has become vacant or excess land during the year or preceding year;
  • The land has become exempt from taxation during the year or preceding year;
  • A building on the property was razed or damaged by fire or demolition, rendering it unusable;
  • A mobile unit on the land was removed during the year or preceding year
  • A person was overcharged due to a gross or manifest error that is clerical or factual in nature;
  • Repairs or renovations to the land prevented normal use of the land for at least three months of the year;
  • Any overcharge is caused by a gross manifest error in the preparation of the assessment roll that is clerical or factual in nature;

For more information, please contact 705-753-2250 or

Download the Application for the Reduction in Taxes.

Tax Certificates

The Municipality of West Nipissing, pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act cannot release tax information to the public without a formal request for a Tax Certificate. A written request must be submitted to our office along with a payment in the amount of $30.00 / parcel.

Once the information has been processed, we forward the certificate either by fax or by mail.

We ask that all requests be received a minimum of three (3) days before the required deadline to allow staff sufficient time to prepare the certificate.

Where do my taxes go?

Tax dollar distribution in order of most costly to least: Public Works approx. 25%, Health and Social Services approx. 21%, Police Services approx. 17%, Recreational Services approx. 15%, Emergency Services approx. 9%, Administration approx. 9%, Growth and Development approx. 2%, Outside Boards approx. 2%.
Back to top