Skip to Content

All applications to rebate programs must be submitted to the Tax Department.

Tax Relief for Eligible Low-Income Seniors and Low Income Persons with Disabilities

You may be eligible for this property tax relief if:

  • You are 65 years old or older and receiving Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) payments; or
  • You are a low-income person with disabilities and in receipt of assistance paid under the Ontario Disability Support Program Act.
  • Total taxes for municipal and school purposes for a qualifying property of an eligible person exceeds its total for the preceding year by $30. Increases above $30.00 will be cancelled to a maximum of $300.


Eligibility also includes:

  • The owner or spouse occupies the residential property on a permanent basis;
  • The owner or spouse have owned the property for at least one year preceding the application date;
  • The property tax balance (including any arrears of taxes) is paid in full.

If the property is co-owned with persons other than the owner’s spouse, all co-owners must qualify under the above eligibility criteria.

For more information, please see By-Law 2022/48.

Download the Application Form

Apply by end of August.

Every municipality must have a by-law for relieving financial hardship by offering cancellation or relief on increases in property taxes for low-income seniors or low-income persons with disabilities (Section 319 of the Municipal Act, 2001, c.25). This tax relief may be granted to a residential unit once a year.

Registered Charity Rebate

Every municipality must have a tax rebate program for eligible charities, to provide relief from taxes on the properties they occupy (Section 361 of the Municipal Act, 2001).

The program is applicable to registered charities that are tenants in a commercial or industrial class property. The landlord may be contacted by the charity to provide certain information that the Municipality of West Nipissing requires in order to process the application.

The application deadline for the current year is February 28th of the following year. Registered charities must apply every year for the rebate.

For more information, see By-Law 2012/50.

Download the Application Form.



Back to top