Update: March 19, 2021
One caregiver will be permitted to accompany a senior into the clinical area for their vaccine. Only the patient with the appointment will be immunized.
WEST NIPISSING, ON – COVID-19 vaccination clinics for seniors aged 80 and over will take place next week, on March 24, 25 and 26. Clinics will be held at the West Nipissing Community and Recreation Centre’s Marcel Noël Hall, located at 219 O’Hara Street.
In order to best protect the public, the Emergency Control Group has carefully planned how the public will navigate the premises. Although the Recreation Centre is currently being used for COVID-19 testing, every precaution is being implemented to ensure that public health measures are adhered to and that social distancing is maintained.
Residents visiting the Recreation Centre next week can expect to see a clearly labeled entry for Vaccinations, and a separate designated entrance for the Assessment Centre/Testing. Clinic greeters will welcome each visitor at the entrance, and staff members will kindly assist patients through the remainder of the process.
Important details for COVID-19 vaccine clinic visitors:
- Individuals are only allowed inside the building 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment.
- You must have an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- All vaccines are administered professionally, inside the building.
- One caregiver will be permitted to accompany a senior into the clinical area for their vaccine. Only the patient with the appointment will be immunized.
- Wheelchairs and mobility assistance will be provided as needed.
- For safety reasons, elevators and restrooms are not available.
For more information on how to book an appointment or about vaccination clinics, please visit www.myhealthunit.ca/COVID-19Vaccine. For further questions or concerns, please contact the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit at 1-800-563-2808, option 5.