The West Nipissing Emergency Control Group (ECG) continues to monitor the developing situation with COVID-19 and work together to ensure the safety of our community. The ECG is a multidisciplinary team comprised of officials and key partners who are responsible for coordinating the provision of essential services, and the necessary planning to respond to and emergency. The group includes representatives from the Municipality, West Nipissing General Hospital, North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, West Nipissing Community Health Centre, Au Château, Nipissing West OPP Detachment, and West Nipissing Fire Service. Since March, partners have been meeting (virtually) on a weekly basis, to assess the local situation and respond accordingly. The group continues to focus on preventative measures and developing coordinated emergency plans for West Nipissing.
The province has classified our Health Unit’s region in the “prevent” (green) level of the COVID-19 Response Framework. The framework includes five levels ranging from – prevent (green) to lockdown (grey). While being classified in the green level means our district has the least amount of restrictions; we must continue to take the pandemic seriously and follow all public health measures to ensure our cases remain low. These public health measures help to protect our vulnerable populations, maintain our services, avoid closures and sustain our health care capacity.
We all have to do our part and work together to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Avoid social gatherings
- Limit travel outside the home to essential trips such as doing groceries, attending work/school and going to medical appointments
- Keep a distance of at least two (2) metres between yourself and anyone outside of your household
- Wear a face covering in enclosed public places and anywhere that physical distancing is a challenge
- Wash/sanitize your hands often and cough or sneeze into your sleeve
- Stay home and seek medical care if you feel unwell
- Avoid travel outside of our district, especially to areas with high numbers of COVID-19 cases
The West Nipissing Emergency Control Group will continue to meet regularly to ensure that our community is safe, and that our local situation is addressed with foresight.