Leaf and Yard Waste
The Sturgeon Falls Landfill accepts leaf and yard waste throughout the year during regular hours of operation.
Acceptable yard waste
- Garden waste
- Grass clippings
- Waste contained in plastic bags is not acceptable
- Only use biodegradable yard waste bags, garbage cans, or place loosely
- No stumps or logs
- Residents are encouraged to leave grass clippings on your lawn
- Leaf and yard waste must not be mixed with any other garbage
- Leaf and yard waste cannot be collected as regular garbage (at the curb or in the landfill)
West Nipissing Environmental Services provides leaf and yard waste pickup to those in need within the urban area of Cache Bay, Springer and Sturgeon Falls.