The Sturgeon Falls Landfill accepts leaf and yard waste at no cost during regular hours of operation.
Acceptable Yard Waste
- Garden waste
- Grass clippings
- Waste contained in plastic bags is not acceptable
- Only use biodegradable yard waste bags, garbage cans, or place loosely
- No stumps or logs
- Residents are encouraged to leave grass clippings on your lawn
- Leaf and yard waste must not be mixed with any other garbage
- Leaf and yard waste cannot be collected as regular garbage (at the curb or in the landfill)
West Nipissing Environmental Services provides leaf and yard waste pickup for those serviced by West Nipissing’s curbside recycling program.
*2021 Collection Dates
*Dates are subject to change due to COVID-19 guidelines and public health recommendations. Keep an eye on this page for updates.