Let’s Cheer For Volunteers!
Volunteers make a difference every day in West Nipissing. Over the next few weeks, the Municipality will be partnering with local radio station 99.3 Moose FM to highlight the importance of volunteer work and encourage others to get involved.
When you invest your time, skills and passion in volunteering, you help make your community a vibrant and rewarding place to be.
Whether you’re a student wanting to complete your high school community hours, or someone who is retired and wanting to get involved in the community, we have volunteer opportunities for you! You’ll receive plenty of encouragement and support to get started and to build new skills.
Nominate a local volunteer
The volunteers in this community are from all walks of life and choose to help in a multitude of ways:
- Coaching and helping youth sport teams
- Spending time with the elderly or those in need
- Lending a hand in school activities
- Planning events or helping at community groups and legions
- Organizing or helping with local fundraising
- Helping a neighbour with home maintenance
- Making meals for those in need
- Helping at church
- Participating in local beautification and community cleanups
- Lending a hand at the food bank
- Giving to persons experiencing homelessness
- Being a blood donor or other Red Cross program
- Assisting during elections
- And many others
The Municipality would love to help cheer for these volunteers. Click on the link below to nominate a local volunteer and tell us how they make a difference in the community! The weekly winner will be announced on Wednesdays on air at 99.3 Moose FM.